Winter's Beauty Essentials

by - 9:47:00 PM



Note: If you've normal/dry skin and you're looking for actually hydrating products, scroll down.




Thanks to my Scandinavian dry elephant skin and thick hair, finding effective skin and hair products has been extremely challenging. If you're from one of the Scandinavian countries, you're most likely familiar with electric and tangled hair or your facial skin is so dry that you're about to but foot cream on it. 

This winter I was in search of products that could actually help me get through the cold weather. I ended up finding products that I won't be giving up any time soon and probably I'll be using thses in the summer as well.  



Last year in Greece, I visited this one cosmetic store. There was a lady who did skin analysis so I decided to go to her and ask about these weird wrinkles that had showed up on my forehead. I was 26 so I thought whether I'm literally becoming old or there is something else going on with my skin. 

The lady told me "Those are not wrinkles. Your skin is dry. Use milk wash, thick face cream and drink a lot water." So simple and so true. Those words on my mind, I started the hunt of the perfect face cream. Last November I finally found it.

From Dior's Hydra Life Pro-Youth line there is two options, Silk Creme and Sorbet Creme. Before, I had the sorbet, which was hydrating as well, but I think now during the winter the cream does the work better. Both the cream and sorbet have very light scents and are extremely long-lasting.

The face cream can be a bit pricy, but it is definitely worth of every drop of it. I use only one face cream for the day and night, and it is this. Definitely a bargain.





This product is one of them that I will be going to be using as long as they have in the stores. With long and thick hair (and blonde highlights), trying to solve your hair after washing them is literally a disaster. If you manage to break your hair brush and look like Poppy in the Trolls, it's a sign that you need hair oil. 

I bought the oil from Finland and the profound reason I was searching for one was the -20 celsius winter weather and electric hair. Additionally, I didn't want to look like as if I had been spending the whole day by sticking a power outlet with a fork. 

The oil is really long-lasting and for one use the dose is only one pump. There's also a thicker version of this, but the light version is recommended for light color-treated hair. Compared to the regular Moroccanoil, the LIGHT- version is also lighter in formulation, color and texture.

 You can apply the oil to wet or even dry hair and still it won't leave your hair oily, which I think is extremely rare for hair oils. You can see and feel the effects literally immediately. It smells like flowers, beach and turquoise ocean, so even if it was raining beets and potatoes outside, you can't help but imagining yourself at the Mediterranean beach.




Dior Flash Luminizer (Radiance booster pen / highlighter)

Maybe it's France (yes, I blame it on France..) but Dior has truly hit my beauty cabinet. This light-booster brings shining radiance to dark mornings and does the magic in cases where the coffee is just not enough.

I think this one-click miracle is simple to use and again, like the products before, is long-lasting, too. Depending on how much you want to put light on your face, the pen has lasted now for two months and I've used it pretty much every day.






This Finnish primer is a dry skin's savior. It brings healthy glow on dry and pale skin, while it creates an even base for makeup. The product retails about 12€ which I think is very, very reasonable price for this primer tube.

As it promises, the primer does hydrate and gives your skin more glowy and bright look. The texture of the product is very light and smooth, plus it's free from perfume. That is why I dare to recommend it to even the most sensitive skins as well.






NUXE - Rêve de Miel (Body lotion)

As you might know, in France you can find the French brand NUXE around every corner. It is sold in each pharmacy and in biggest grocery stores with very adequate price, at least when compared to the prices in Finland.

The lotion is equipped with a rather strong scent of honey, but it immediately hydrates effectively even the sand paper imitated skin. Despite the lotion's thick formula, it absorbs really fast so after applying there's no need to walk like a zombie.







Hopefully these products will help you in your search of the best hydrating products, and to find your Beauty Champs!




Bisous,

Emilia




You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mlleemilia